- October 2022
- 05Oct 2022Career Coaching Session10/5/2022 from 12:00 PM to 12:50 PM ET
- 05Oct 2022Career Coaching Session10/5/2022 from 2:00 PM to 2:50 PM ET
- 05Oct 2022Career Coaching Session10/5/2022 from 3:00 PM to 3:50 PM ET
- 05Oct 2022Cricut Maker Marketing10/5/2022 from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM ET
- 06Oct 2022Rings & Things Trinket Dish10/6/2022 from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM ET
- 07Oct 2022Tour of Makers Mill, Fridays10/7/2022 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM ET
- 08Oct 2022Tool Safety Class: Woodshop Level 110/8/2022 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM ET
- 11Oct 2022Tool Safety Class: Fiber Arts Level 110/11/2022 from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM ET
- 14Oct 2022Shop Member Orientation10/14/2022 from 8:00 AM to 9:45 AM ET
- 14Oct 2022Tour of Makers Mill, Fridays10/14/2022 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM ET
From Our Blog
By Carol Holyoake |
By Josh Arnold |
Phase 1 Construction is Complete! It's time to make!
Together, we bought a 10,000 sq ft building to serve as a community makerspace & vocation hub.
We asked the community what their needs and goals were, and designed the space accordingly
Enough money was raised from individual donors, grants, and business to complete renovations
Volunteers have contributed over 700 hours in 2022 alone to help prepare for opening day
Now it's time for the final and most crucial ingredient - YOU! Let's start making the most of the makerspace!
Thank you to EVERYONE who helped us raised enough money to complete Phase One renovations. Join our Tool Kitty Campaign to help stock the newly renovated facility with tools and equipment!
Thanks to everyone who has supported Makers Mill already!
There have been more than 963 donors to date and gifts of all kinds including . . .
One time gifts, recurring gifts, donor-advised funds, stocks, matching gifts, and in-kind contributions
State & Federal Funding
Northern Borders Regional Commission
Community Development Finance Authority
USDA Rural Development
Private Grants & Donor Advised Funds
Bald Peak Community Fund
The Wolfeboro Fund
Vanderheiden Family Foundation
Hussey Family Foundation
Maine Community Foundation
NH Charitable Foundation
Tax Credit Investors
Mill Street Meat Market, LLC
Meredith Village Savings Bank
Carroll County Landscape, Inc
Made on Earth
Milestone Engineering & Construction
New England Coastal Realty
Green Mountain Communications, Inc.
Stanley Elevator Company, Inc.
PSI Molded Plastics, NH Inc
Wolfeboro Family Dental
The Makers Mill is a great example of what’s needed to help tackle New Hampshire’s outmigration and workforce challenges, especially in Carroll County where they are the most pronounced.
Will Stewart, Executive Director, Stay, Work, Play NH
We agree with G.A.L.A. on the benefits of bringing a makerspace into Carroll County, and are thrilled to name Wolfeboro as the home of this regional service.
Mary DeVries, Executive Director, Wolfeboro Chamber of Commerce
I am enthusiastic about working with the Makers Mill to address the gap in services for 18 - 30 yr olds who wish to upgrade their technical skills or the adults who wish to retrain for new job transitions.
Bruce Farr, President, Lakes Region Technology Center
Now that Phase 1 construction is complete, it's time to outfit the newly renovated space with tools and equipment. It is all starting to feel so much more real don't you think!?
Last year we ran a very successful Tool Raiser program that brought in some pre-loved equipment and tools for the shops, but there are still some very specialized items we need such as a panel saw, chop saw, plasma cutter, a large anvil, metal fabrication table, laser cutter, CNC router, 3D printer, and more.
Join our Tool Kitty Campaign to help stock the makerspace with tools and equipment so we are ready to hit the road running when the doors open!